- walk past the boats in the Potomac that gurgle water when they float
- through word of mouth, ask people in suits (with briefcases), the places where senators might hang out.
- make a list
- write down each place, restaurant, pool hall, wherever. look up congressional hearings online for help. see if i can make matches
- role-play: imagine identifying a senator and walking up- talk! tell them i work at TALMAR Gardens, that we’re going under and ask how i can lobby to save it
- sit by the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. measure the miles from the National Portrait Gallery, to the first place, and walk in
- .to begin, listen to the first song on The Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and walk by the 193 flags of the United Nations
- climb up steep steps to Lounge 201. leave when the host tells me the restaurant is reserved for a private birthday
- damn it.
- the next two bars have mostly all American University students. the redskins game is on. the only senator i think i see, says he wants a tattoo too someday
- parking-lot this idea. save it for a weekday because on second thought, why would a senator need a drink after work on a Saturday?
- go to the Sonoma Wine Bar kitty-corner to the last one. drink, and make a 2nd list. i have a fiction piece coming up and i could use some material
- write down three estate sales and mapquest the first one through Red Fin
14.park on a busy side street and walk to 3816 Harper Lane. play with bowls for sale on its country kitchen counters
15.draw a check + next to this home on my 2nd list because… i see a scene: eating with 5 people- March- the night Daylight Saving’s begins
- sit on the front stoop as people hurry down the steps where i’m writing. draw directions for the second estate sale
- sit on a wicker chair in 11308 Shore Road’s purple room. write a check + next to this house on the 2nd list- through its window i picture a girl bunching cedarwood at/on Halloween, The Future
- circle the last estate sale on the 2nd list
- drive up to the choppy layout at 4356 Bright Soul Way
- walk up then down its split-level and turn on its downstair’s faucet. wash my face with cold water and turn it off when I hear the estate agent coming
- check off this house with a +. write down what i see: me and my college friend/roommate/transient, defrosting frozen peas from an outside fridge
- who knew?